Zachary Weir Memorial
This scholarship fund was established in 2011 by David Weir in memory of his son Zachary, who excelled in school, was an avid reader and aspired to be a writer.
- Applicant must be a graduating senior from Amarillo, Caprock, Palo Duro, or Tascosa High Schools; and
- Pursue a Liberal Arts degree, which includes majors such as English, History, Government, and Political Science.
- Amarillo Area Foundation (AAF) General Scholarship Application online at aaf.spectrumportal.net
- Applicants will be required to answer an additional question as part of the application process: A 500-word essay answering the question, “Why is reading important to you?”
- AAF Scholarship Selection Committee
- $500/semester for up to 8 semesters
*Each semester’s payment is contingent upon meeting the following:
- Recipient must attend college the fall semester immediately following selection;
- Maintain full-time student status (typically 12 credit hours/semester for undergraduate studies);
- Maintain a 2.5 or better cumulative GPA while in college; and
- Attend any accredited college/university and major in English, History, Government or Political Science.
General Scholarship Application