2019 Grant Opportunity
Women’s Philanthropy Fund
Component Fund of the Amarillo Area Foundation
On behalf of the membership of the Women’s Philanthropy Fund, a component fund of the Amarillo Area Foundation (AAF), AAF announces a Request for Applications (RFA). Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations and certain other charitable agencies who would use grant funds within and for the benefit of the residents and communities of the top 26 counties of the Texas Panhandle are eligible to apply for funding. Only one application may be submitted per organization. An organization that has an open grant with WPF may not reapply until all grant obligations are met. Grant award amounts will vary between $2,500 and $10,000. Applicants are encouraged to show other sources of support and project sustainability. WPF grants are awarded to organizations focused on serving women and children that either meet an urgent or critical need, demonstrate unique solutions to time-worn problems, or engage in bold new ventures. Eligible programs will address one or more of the focus areas described below, in a manner that creates impact, shows innovation, and involves others in a collaborative manner.
Organizations or programs should address:
- Self-sufficiency: Programs that provide women with the skills and resources to be economically independent and self-sufficient. Examples of such programs may include but are not limited to:
- Access to emergency shelter or affordable housing;
- Access to affordable, quality day care and after school programs for children;
- Prevention of or assistance in overcoming homelessness or poverty;
- Transportation assistance;
- Education and training programs targeted toward job skills, budgeting and money management, parenting skills, etc.
- Health and Safety: Programs that support the health and well-being of women and children and allow them to live in homes and communities without fear of violence. Examples of such programs may include but are not limited to:
- Healthcare-related education and awareness programs;
- Access to preventive medical screenings;
- Low or no-cost medical services for uninsured or medically needy women and children;
- Programs that instill leadership and build esteem in women/children.
Applications are available online at aaf.spectrumportal.net and are due May 31, 2019, by 12:00 noon.
Finalists will be invited to make a brief presentation to the WPF membership on September 12, 2019, in the Neely Conference Center at AAF.
- May 31, 2019-Application Due by noon
- August 15, 2019-Organizations notified if moving forward
- September 12, 2019-Finalists present to WPF Membership
- TBD Fall 2019-Recipients Announced
Questions should be addressed to email@example.com or 806.376.4521.
You will be redirected to our Application portal (Spectrum)