2021 Grant Opportunity
Women’s Philanthropy Fund
Component Fund of the Amarillo Area Foundation
Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations and certain other charitable agencies who would use grant funds within and for the benefit of the residents and communities of the top 26 counties of the Texas Panhandle are eligible to apply for funding. Only one application may be submitted per organization. Grant award amounts will vary between $2,500 and $10,000. WPF is focused on the needs of women and children that serve an urgent or critical need and/or demonstrate unique solutions to time-worn problems and/or engage in bold new ventures. Eligible programs will address one or more of the focus areas described below, in a manner that creates impact, shows innovation, and involves others in a collaborative manner.
Organizations or programs should address:
Self-sufficiency: Programs that provide women with the skills and resources to be economically independent and self-sufficient. Examples of such programs may include but are not limited to:
- Access to emergency shelter or affordable housing;
- Access to affordable, quality day care and after school programs for children;
- Prevention of or assistance in overcoming homelessness or poverty;
- Transportation assistance;
- Education and training programs targeted toward job skills, budgeting and money management, parenting skills, etc.
Health and Safety: Programs that support the health and well-being of women and children and allow them to live in homes and communities without fear of violence. Examples of such programs may include but are not limited to:
- Healthcare-related education and awareness programs;
- Access to preventive medical screenings;
- Low or no-cost medical services for uninsured or medically needy women and children;
- Programs that instill leadership and build esteem in women/children.
Applications are available online at aaf.spectrumportal.net and are due July 9, 2021, by 12:00 noon.
Finalists will be invited to make a brief presentation to the WPF membership on September 9, 2021, in the Neely Conference Center at AAF. The complete WPF timeline is below.
- July 9, 2021-Application Due by noon
- August 18, 2021-Organizations notified if moving forward
- September 8, 2021-Finalists present to WPF Membership
- TBD Fall 2021-Recipients Announced
Questions should be addressed to email@example.com or 806.376.4521.
You will be redirected to our Application portal (Spectrum)