- AAF launches new grant-making program for organizations requesting between $2,500 and $20,000 with an abbreviated application to help meet some of the capacity building and general operating needs of the local nonprofit community.
- CNS Pantex launches an employee-directed, competitive grant program through a component fund at the Amarillo Area Foundation.
- Amarillo Area Foundation receives assets from HRMC and forms a new entity (AAF Community Health Foundation) that functions as a supporting organization of the Foundation.
- Pattern Panhandle Wind establishes the Panhandle Wind Civic Fund and Education Fund to benefit residents in Carson county by competitive grants.
- 20 years of ACE and “ACE” Giving Day.
- 20 Years of the Citadelle Art Foundation.
- Community Development Philanthropy (CDP) project established to help promote endowment building to communities that already held funds at the Foundation. The following funds “graduated” to CDP Affiliate Funds: Donley County Community Fund, Future of Nazareth Affiliate Fund, Oldham County Affiliate Fund, Spearman Community Fund, Swisher County Affiliate Fund, Wellington Community Fund.
- 50 year celebration.
- Neely Conference Center opens.
- Area Community Funds established.
- Legacy Funds established.
- Gave $2 million in Community Fund Matching Grants.
- Gift of $4.1 million from Katherine “Kitty” Brady.
- Promotes partnership with University of Texas Harrington Fellows.
- 79107 Program for at risk children and youth begins.
- Development of Tyler Street Resource Center.
- Major Fund gifts: Amarillo EDC – $5.8 million, City of Amarillo – $5.8 million, Amarillo Hospital District – $4.2 million.
- The Foundation deeded land for continued development of the medical center and a new entity was established and renamed Harrington Regional Medical Center, Inc.
- The Don & Sybil Harrington Foundation and it’s $68 million in assets changed from a private foundation to public supporting organization of the Amarillo Area Foundation, of which 15% was unrestricted, enabling AAF to start many new initiatives.
- Jim Allison hired as president and CEO.
- Gift of $1,000,000 from Lawrence Hagy.
- Creation of Amarillo Medical Center, Inc. by Amarillo Area Foundation.
- Nonprofit Service Center opens with grant from the Meadows Foundation.
- New Northwest Texas Hospital opens in Medical Center.
- First Scholarship Fund established by Mrs. A.A Bush.
- Scholarships at the 50 year:
Originally = 17 funds with $42350 given.
1990 = 57 funds with over $500k given.
2007 = 92 funds with $306364.
- Agreement with Baptist General Convention for construction/operation of High Plains Baptist Hospital.
- Texas Panhandle Heritage Foundation and construction of Palo Duro Canyon Amphitheatre.