The Scott Riola Memorial Endowed
This scholarship was established in December of 2017 by Melissa Limmer-Riola in memory of her beloved husband, Scott. Scott was a flight nurse who died in a plane crash in the line of duty in April of 2017. He was a talented nurse, a dedicated team member, and a dearly loved husband. Melissa established the scholarship to help flight nurses in the Texas Panhandle further their education.
- Applicant must hold a flight certification from one of the following: CEN (Certified Emergency Nurse); CCRN (Certified Critical Care Nurse); or CFRN (Certified Flight Registered Nurse). The scholarship is available to nurses either currently living in or who have graduated from a high school in the top 26 counties of the Texas Panhandle. Must have had a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Applicant must be employed as a flight nurse while receiving funds from this scholarship.
- Amarillo Area Foundation (AAF) General Scholarship Application online at aaf.spectrumportal.net
- AAF Scholarship Selection Committee
- $500/semester for 2 semesters
*Each semester’s payment is contingent upon meeting the following:
- Recipient must attend college the fall semester immediately following selection;
- Maintain continuous student status while employed as a flight nurse (enrolling in and completing a minimum of 6 credit hours/semester for undergraduate studies, or 3 credit hours/semester for graduate studies).
- Maintain a 3.5 or better cumulative GPA while in college; and
- Attend any accredited college/university and major in a field which advances their education as a flight nurse.
General Scholarship Application