Robert A. (Bob) and Margaret W. Kesterson
This scholarship was established in 1989 by Margaret Kesterson for a working student in the 26 northernmost counties of the Texas Panhandle who plans to attend or is attending Amarillo College or West Texas A&M University.
- Applicant must be a student in the top 26 counties of the Texas Panhandle who plans to attend or is attending Amarillo College or West Texas A&M University and major in any field of study;
- Must be working part-time and plan to work while attending college/university; and
- Must exhibit financial need and exemplify leadership and community.
- Amarillo Area Foundation (AAF) General Scholarship Application online at aaf.spectrumportal.net
- AAF Scholarship Selection Committee
- $250/semester for up to 8 semesters
*Each semester’s payment is contingent upon meeting the following:
- Recipient must attend college the fall semester immediately following selection;
- Maintain full-time student status (typically 12 credit hours/semester for undergraduate studies);
- Maintain a 2.5 or better cumulative GPA while in college;
- Maintain at least part-time employment; and
- Attend Amarillo College or West Texas A&M University and major in field of choice.
General Scholarship Application