Panhandle Restaurant Association
This scholarship was established in 2013 by the Panhandle Restaurant Association for the benefit of graduating high school seniors currently employed at a restaurant.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior from the 26 northernmost counties of the Texas Panhandle;
- Exhibit financial need, citizenship, character and a determination to succeed; and
- Preference will be given to students planning to major in the field of culinary arts, restaurant management, or a related field.
- Amarillo Area Foundation (AAF) General Scholarship Application online at aaf.spectrumportal.net
- Applicants will be required to answer additional questions as part of the application process: Applicant must submit an additional letter of recommendation from current restaurant employer to validate employment.
- AAF Scholarship Selection Committee
- $500/semester for up to 2 semesters
*Each semester’s payment is contingent upon meeting the following:
- Recipient must attend college the fall semester immediately following selection;
- Maintain full-time student status (typically 12 credit hours/semester for undergraduate studies);
- Maintain a 2.5 or better cumulative GPA while in college; and
- Attend any accredited college/university and major in field of choice (with a preference of culinary arts, restaurant management, or a related field).
General Scholarship Application