Nancy Gerald Memorial
This scholarship was established in memory of Nancy Gerald by her family. Ms. Gerald, a Registered Nurse, died in a plane crash in 1987 while on a photo safari in Africa with a group of medical professionals and wildlife photographers from Amarillo. The scholarship benefits college sophomores through graduate level students pursuing a career in nursing at Amarillo College or West Texas A&M University.
- Applicant must be a college sophomore, junior, senior or graduate student from the 26 northernmost counties of the Texas Panhandle; and
- Exhibit integrity, thriftiness, ambition, good moral character, and a sincere desire to achieve a higher level of education in the field of nursing.
- Amarillo Area Foundation (AAF) General Scholarship Application online at aaf.spectrumportal.net
- Applicants will be required to upload a nursing program acceptance letter.
- Outside Scholarship Selection Committee
- $500/semester for up to 2 semesters
*Each semester’s payment is contingent upon meeting the following:
- Recipient must attend college the fall semester immediately following selection;
- Maintain full-time student status (typically 12 credit hours/semester for undergraduate studies);
- Maintain a 2.5 or better cumulative GPA while in college; and
- Attend Amarillo College or West Texas A&M University and pursue a career in one of the following:
- AAS (Associate of Applied Science) Program
- BSN (Bachelor of Science Nurse) Program – must be in junior or senior year
- MSN (Masters of Science Nurse) Program – will have completed the BSN Program.
General Scholarship Application