Moore County Gin Doug Nix Memorial
This scholarship was established by members of the Moore County Gin in memory of Mr. Doug Nix in 2009. Mr. Nix farmed in the Texas Panhandle for over 50 years, receiving many awards throughout his successful farming career. He was the organizer and founding partner of the Carson County Gin, the Moore County Gin and the Amarillo Cotton Warehouse.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior from Channing, Dalhart, Dumas, Stratford or Sunray High Schools; and
- Have a cumulative GPA of 75 or above (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) in high school.
- Amarillo Area Foundation (AAF) General Scholarship Application online at aaf.spectrumportal.net
- AAF Scholarship Selection Committee
- Typically $500/semester for up to 2 semesters
*Each semester’s payment is contingent upon meeting the following:
- Recipient must attend college the fall semester immediately following selection;
- Maintain full-time student status (typically 12 credit hours/semester for undergraduate studies);
- Maintain a 2.5 or better cumulative GPA while in college; and
- Attend any accredited college/university and major in Agriculture.
General Scholarship Application