Established by Wendy and Stanley Marsh 3 in 1997 to benefit Junior and Senior Hispanic and African American students enrolled at West Texas A&M University majoring in the field of Education, Nursing, Allied Health, Sociology, or General Studies.
Applicant must be African American or Hispanic;
Be a Junior, Senior, or a Master’s or Doctorate level student enrolled at West Texas A&M University majoring in the field of Education, Nursing, Allied Health, Sociology, or General Studies; and
Have maintained a cumulative college GPA of 3.0.
- Amarillo Area Foundation (AAF) General Scholarship Application online at aaf.spectrumportal.net
- AAF Scholarship Selection Committee
- $500/semester for up to 4 semesters
*Each semester’s payment is contingent upon meeting the following:
- Recipient must attend college the fall semester immediately following selection;
- Maintain full-time student status (typically 12 credit hours/semester or 9 credit hours/semester while student teaching for undergraduate studies; 6 credit hours/semester for graduate studies);
- Maintain a 3.0 or better cumulative GPA while in college; and
- Attend West Texas A&M University and major in Education, Nursing, Allied Health, Sociology, or General Studies.
General Scholarship Application