Love Your Neighbor
This scholarship was established by an anonymous donor for graduating high school seniors within the 26 northernmost counties of the Texas Panhandle who are active in church.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior within the 26 northernmost counties of the Texas Panhandle;
- Exhibit financial need, community service and leadership;
- Be an active member in local church during high school; and
- Maintain a cumulative high school GPA of 75 (3.0 on a 4.0 scale).
- Amarillo Area Foundation (AAF) General Scholarship Application online at aaf.spectrumportal.net
- Applicants will be required to answer additional questions as part of the application process: A letter of recommendation must be submitted from Applicant’s minister or youth pastor.
- AAF Scholarship Selection Committee and Outside Scholarship Selection Committee
- $500/semester for up to 2 semesters
*Each semester’s payment is contingent upon meeting the following:
- Recipient must attend college the fall semester immediately following selection;
- Maintain full-time student status (typically 12 credit hours/semester for undergraduate studies);
- Maintain a 3.0 or better cumulative GPA while in college; and
- Attend Amarillo College or West Texas A&M University and major in field of choice.
A freshman recipient will be considered for the scholarship going into the sophomore year if all requirements were met during the freshman year.
General Scholarship Application