John W. Puckett Memorial Accounting
The firm of Gerhardt and Puckett, as well as family and friends, established the John W. Puckett Memorial Scholarship in October 1987, after the unexpected death of Puckett. The fund was created to honor John’s dedication and leadership in his church, community, and the accounting profession.
- Applicant must be a junior or senior accounting student at West Texas A&M University; and
- Demonstrate financial need and academic excellence.
- Amarillo Area Foundation (AAF) General Scholarship Application online at aaf.spectrumportal.net
- AAF Scholarship Selection Committee
- $500/semester for up to 2 semesters
*Each semester’s payment is contingent upon meeting the following:
- Recipient must attend college the fall semester immediately following selection;
- Maintain full-time student status (9 credit hours/semester for undergraduate studies for this scholarship);
- Maintain a 2.5 or better cumulative GPA while in college; and
- Attend West Texas A&M University and major in Accounting.
- A junior recipient may reapply for the scholarship going into the senior year if all requirements were met during junior year.
General Scholarship Application