John S. Stiff Governmental Services
This scholarship was established by the family and friends of John Stiff upon his retirement as City Manager of Amarillo after having served in that office for twenty years.
- Restricted to employees of the City of Amarillo, Texas, his/her spouse, or the child of any employee, present or past elected official of the City
- Maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA while in college
- Major in field of Government at college/university of choice
- Contact the City of Amarillo personnel office
- Local scholarship committee
- Typically $500/semester for up to 2 semesters
*Each semester’s payment is contingent upon meeting the following:
- Recipient must attend college the fall semester immediately following selection;
- Maintain full-time student status (typically 12 credit hours/semester for undergraduate studies; 6 credit hours/semester for graduate studies; and 3 credit hours/semester ifrecipient is employed full-time);
- Maintain a 2.5 or better cumulative GPA while in college; and; and
- Attend any accredited college/university and major in the field of Government.