Howard D. Graves
This scholarship was established in memory of Howard D. Graves (1939-2003) in 2007 by friends and colleagues. Mr. Graves served as Chancellor of the Texas A&M System from 1999 until two weeks before succumbing to cancer in 2003. He was a United States Army officer who served as the Superintendent of the U.S. Military Academy from 1991 to 1996. A 1961 graduate of West Point, he was a Rhodes Scholar, earning three degrees from Oxford during his army career. During his service in the Army, he was the personal aide to two Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff; Admiral William J. Crowe and General Colin L. Powell. The scholarship is for students planning to attend an institution in the Texas A&M System.
- Applicant must be a graduating senior from the 26 northernmost counties of the Texas Panhandle;
- Maintain a cumulative high school GPA of 75 (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) to apply; and
- Exhibit leadership and community involvement.
- AAF Scholarship Selection Committee
- $500/semester for up to 2 semesters
*Each semester’s payment is contingent upon meeting the following:
- Recipient must attend college the fall semester immediately following selection;
- Maintain full-time student status (typically 12 credit hours/semester for undergraduate studies);
- Maintain a 3.0 or better cumulative GPA while in college; and
- Attend any college/university in the Texas A&M System and major in field of choice.
General Scholarship Application