This scholarship was established in 2008 in honor of Ms. Gaylia Cochran.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior from Amarillo Independent School District;
- Have attended Lamar Elementary School for a minimum of three years;
- Have maintained a cumulative high school GPA of 80 or higher (3.2 on a 4.0 scale); and
- Have taken the ACT and/or SAT prior to application in order to be considered.
- Amarillo Area Foundation (AAF) General Scholarship Application online at aaf.spectrumportal.net
- Applicants will be required to indicate which years and grade levels were attended at Lamar as part of the application process.
- Outside Scholarship Selection Committee
$500/semester for up to 2 semesters
*Each semester’s payment is contingent upon meeting the following:
- Recipient must attend college the fall semester immediately following selection;
- Maintain full-time student status (typically 12 credit hours/semester for undergraduate studies);
- Maintain a 2.5 or better cumulative GPA while in college; and
- Attend any accredited college/university and major in field of choice.
General Scholarship Application