This scholarship was established in 1999 by the Texas Seed Trade Association in memory of Fred Woodward for graduating high school seniors and currently enrolled college students that meet the eligibility requirements listed below. Mr. Woodward was an agronomist for the Texas Department of Agriculture and was the Director of the Seed Quality Program in Giddings, Texas. He was a “Man of Passions” who enjoyed tilling and keeping the soil and ranching and fishing.
- Applicant must be a child of dues paying members of the Texas Seed Trade Association (active or associate) and members of the Seed Division of the Texas Department of Agriculture; and
- Exemplify the qualities of leadership and community service.
- Amarillo Area Foundation (AAF) General Scholarship Application online at aaf.spectrumportal.net
- Applicants will be required to answer additional questions as part of the application process: In order to be considered for this scholarship, applicant must submit a letter from parent or parent’s employer(s) verifying membership in the Texas Seed Trade Association.
- AAF Scholarship Selection Committee
- $500/semester for up to 2 semesters
*Each semester’s payment is contingent upon meeting the following:
- Recipient must attend college the fall semester immediately following selection;
- Maintain full-time student status (typically 12 credit hours/semester for undergraduate studies);
- Maintain a 2.5 or better cumulative GPA while in college; and
- Attend any accredited college/university and major in field of choice.
General Scholarship Application