Firefighter Brian Hunton Memorial
This scholarship was established by family and friends Amarillo firefighter Brian Hunton, who died after suffering an accident in the line of duty in April 2005.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior child of a firefighter who is a member of the fire department of the City of Amarillo, Potter County or Randall County; and
- Exhibit community service, leadership and financial need.
- Amarillo Area Foundation (AAF) General Scholarship Application online at aaf.spectrumportal.net
- AAF Scholarship Selection Committee
- $250/semester for up to 2 semesters
*Each semester’s payment is contingent upon meeting the following:
- Recipient must attend college the fall semester immediately following selection;
- Maintain full-time student status (typically 12 credit hours/semester for undergraduate studies);
- Maintain a 2.5 or better cumulative GPA while in college; and
- Attend any accredited college/university and major in field of choice.
Award could be paid in one lump sum if recipient enrolls in a specific program based on a different academic schedule, such as a one-year fire certificate program.
General Scholarship Application