Elesa Kay Crump Memorial
This scholarship was established by Peggy and Kenneth Crump in 2011 in memory of their daughter. The fund provides scholarship(s) to either graduating high school seniors or currently enrolled college graduate students in the northernmost 26 counties of the Texas Panhandle who have a documented disability (physical, mental, and/or learning) and are planning to attend or are currently enrolled at Amarillo College or West Texas A&M University.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior or currently enrolled college or graduate student;
- Must have a documented physical, mental, and/or learning disability;
- Graduating seniors must have maintained a cumulative high school GPA of 2.5 or better; and
- Currently enrolled college students must have maintained a cumulative college GPA of 2.5 or better to apply.
- Amarillo Area Foundation (AAF) General Scholarship Application online at aaf.spectrumportal.net
In order to be considered for this scholarship, applicants must submit the following information:
- Third party verification to confirm the existence of a disability. Such verification may be evidenced by:
- A doctor’s note indicating that a specific disability exists based on a current medical evaluation;
- A copy of a Comprehensive Individual Assessment from high school;
- Records from the Division of Rehabilitative Services or other appropriate agencies or medical institutions;
- Proof of registration with Student Disability Services at Amarillo College or West Texas A&M University; or
- Other verification may be acceptable at the Foundation’s discretion.
- AAF Scholarship Selection Committee
- $500/semester for up to 4 semesters for Amarillo College or
- $500/semester for up to 6 semesters for West Texas A&M University
*Each semester’s payment is contingent upon meeting the following:
- Recipient must attend college the fall semester immediately following selection;
- Maintain full-time student status (9 credit hours/semester for undergraduate studies);
- Maintain a 2.5 or better cumulative GPA while in college; and
- Attend Amarillo College or West Texas A&M University and major in any field of study
General Scholarship Application