Dr. Charles and Phyllis Seward
The scholarship was established in 1989 by Dr. and Mrs. Charles Seward to benefit high school seniors from the 26 northernmost counties of the Texas Panhandle planning to attend Amarillo College or West Texas A&M University. Preference will be given to Native American students.
- Applicant must be a graduating senior within the 26 northernmost counties of the Texas Panhandle;
- Must be working part-time and plan to work while attending college/university; and
- Exhibit community service and leadership and be career oriented.
- Amarillo Area Foundation (AAF) General Scholarship Application online at aaf.spectrumportal.net
- Applicants will be required to answer additional questions as part of the application process: Submit a copy of your Bureau of Indian Affairs identification card if applicable.
- AAF Scholarship Selection Committee
- $500/semester for up to 8 semesters
*Each semester’s payment is contingent upon meeting the following:
- Recipient must attend college the fall semester immediately following selection;
- Maintain full-time student status (typically 12 credit hours/semester for undergraduate studies);
- Maintain a 2.5 or better cumulative GPA while in college;
- Maintain at least part-time employment; and
- Attend Amarillo College or West Texas A&M University and major in field of choice.
General Scholarship Application