Charles Sheldon Memorial
Family and friends of Charles Sheldon, a life-time farmer of Moore County, established the Charles Sheldon Memorial Scholarship to benefit members of the Future Farmers of America and/or 4-H Club members from Dumas or Sunray High Schools.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior from Dumas or Sunray High Schools who is a member of FFA and/or 4-H, or college
- freshman who was a member of FFA and/or 4-H while attending Dumas or Sunray High Schools; and
- Exhibit community service and leadership.
- Amarillo Area Foundation (AAF) General Scholarship Application online at aaf.spectrumportal.net
- Applicants will be required to answer additional questions as part of the application process:
- Provide a list of FFA or 4-H offices held; and
- Individual honors won, outstanding achievements, special outstanding recognitions, etc. Include livestock, land, crop, judging honors, special awards, delegate to conventions, public speaking, exhibiting livestock and crops, and other individual 4-H or FFA honors. Indicate level of achievement.
- Outside Scholarship Selection Committee
$500/semester for up to 2 semesters for incoming college freshmen
$500/semester for up to 2 semesters for incoming college sophomores
*Each semester’s payment is contingent upon meeting the following:
- Recipient must attend college the fall semester immediately following selection;
- Maintain full-time student status (typically 12 credit hours/semester for undergraduate studies);
- Maintain a 2.5 or better cumulative GPA while in college; and
- Attend any accredited college/university and major in field of choice.
- A freshman recipient may reapply for the scholarship going into the sophomore year if all requirements were met during freshman year.
General Scholarship Application