Carson County Gin Doug Nix Memorial
This scholarship was established by members of the Carson County Gin in memory of Mr. Doug Nix in 2009. Mr. Nix farmed in the Texas Panhandle for over 50 years, receiving many awards throughout his successful farming career. He was the organizer and founding partner of the Carson County Gin, the Moore County Gin and the Amarillo Cotton Warehouse.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior from Groom, Panhandle, White Deer or Pampa High School; and
- Have a cumulative GPA of 75 or above (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) in high school.
- Amarillo Area Foundation (AAF) General Scholarship Application online at aaf.spectrumportal.net
- Applicant will be required to answer additional questions as part of the application process:
- Explain the importance of postsecondary education and how you plan to be a positive influence in the world.
- AAF Scholarship Selection Committee
- $500/semester for up to 2 semesters
*Each semester’s payment is contingent upon meeting the following:
- Recipient must attend college the fall semester immediately following selection;
- Maintain full-time student status (typically 12 credit hours/semester for undergraduate studies);
- Maintain a 2.5 or better cumulative GPA while in college; and
- Attend any accredited college/university and major in field of choice.
General Scholarship Application