CareNet Pregnancy Center
Scholarship in Memory of Jackie Hall
This scholarship was established in October 2006 in memory of Jackie Hall by her husband, Dr. Hal Werner. The scholarship will provide scholarship(s) to former clients of CareNet Pregnancy Center.
- Applicant must be a mother to a child or a birth mother of a child placed for adoption, following a pregnancy test received at CareNet;
- Must submit a letter from the director or staff of CareNet indicating that the applicant is a current and/or former client of the Pregnancy Center; and
- Must demonstrate financial need, leadership, and community involvement.
- Preference will be given in the selection process to students who plan to attend Amarillo College or West Texas A&M University.
- Amarillo Area Foundation (AAF) General Scholarship Application online at aaf.spectrumportal.net
- Outside Scholarship Selection Committee
- Amount varies depending upon the number of eligible applicants
*Each semester’s payment is contingent upon meeting the following:
- Recipient must attend college the fall semester immediately following selection;
- Maintain full-time student status (typically 12 credit hours/semester for undergraduate studies);
- Maintain a 2.5 or better cumulative GPA while in college; and
- Attend any accredited college/university and major in field of choice, with a preference given to students planning to attend Amarillo College or West Texas A&M University.
General Scholarship Application