Association of Information Technology Professionals
This scholarship was established in March 2010 by the Association of Information Technology Professionals Golden Spread Chapter for the benefit of students planning to attend Amarillo College or West Texas A&M University and major in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science.
- Applicant must be a resident of the 26 top counties of the Texas Panhandle;
- Be a high school senior or currently enrolled college student planning to attend Amarillo College or West Texas A&M University;
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 75 (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) for high school students to apply;
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 for existing college students to apply; and
- Major in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science.
- Amarillo Area Foundation (AAF) General Scholarship Application online at aaf.spectrumportal.net
- Applicants will be required to furnish the following as part of the application process:
- A short essay describing previous experience and interest in the I.T. field.
- AAF Scholarship Selection Committee
- $500/semester for up to 2 semesters
*Each semester’s payment is contingent upon meeting the following:
- Recipient must attend college the fall semester immediately following selection;
- Maintain full-time student status (typically 12 credit hours/semester for undergraduate studies);
- Maintain a 3.0 or better cumulative GPA while in college; and
- Attend Amarillo College or West Texas A&M University and major in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science.
General Scholarship Application