The boards of the Amarillo Area Foundation and the Don and Sybil Harrington Foundation decided to take a portion of the Discretionary Grant funds from the Economic Opportunity cycle specifically to fund visual and performing arts organizations within the 26 counties of the Texas Panhandle. The funding priorities are operational, programmatic, marketing, and capital expenses.
This application process is new, and an external arts committee will be selecting organizations to recommend to the Amarillo Area Foundation board of directors for funding. You can find the new, streamlined application by visiting aaf.spectrumportal.net. The requests must fall within the range of $5,000-$50,000. This application will be due by noon on June 25th. As always, if you have questions regarding your organization’s fit within this grant program, please contact our grants Program Officer, Matt Morgan, at 806-778-2382 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Types of funding not considered :
- Grants that exceed 25% of the organization’s previous year’s cash operating revenues
- Social functions, parties, receptions, fundraisers, or galas
- Operating expenses for home offices
- Operating expenses for state-operated facilities including, but not limited to, salary support and facility costs.
- Activities for which college or university students receive academic credit.
- Projects at colleges and universities that serve mostly students and faculty, with minimal or no community involvement.
- Projects by privately owned for-profit corporations.
- Financing of political activities
- Retroactive funding
- Debt reduction
- Projects, productions, workshops, and/or programs that include obscene material as defined in Section 43.21, Penal Code of Texas.