Women’s Philanthropy Fund – Competitive Grant Program
To transform the lives of women and children in the Texas Panhandle through fundraising, grantmaking, and advocacy.
CLICK HERE for the 2017 Request for Proposals (RFP) for the Women’s Philanthropy Fund.
In 2008, the Amarillo Area Foundation and a group of highly motivated women established the Women’s Philanthropy Fund (WPF) to address the needs of women and children in the Texas Panhandle. The donors are philanthropically motivated women who recognized that pooling contributions could help them unite to address the issues facing the women and children in our region in all areas of life. The WPF will focus on programs or projects assessed to have the highest possibility of a direct impact on the well-being of women and children in the Texas Panhandle. The purpose of the fund is to:
- Unite, serve, and empower women to become leaders in philanthropy
- Enable contributors to have more direction and involvement in where their dollars are spent
- Achieve greater impact by drawing on the collective wisdom of donors
- Demonstrate the effect of how pooled donations can yield large scale, targeted grants
- Enable innovative and compelling programs and projects that might otherwise not be possible
- Research areas of need and strategically allocate funds to achieve the greatest impact
- Address education, awareness, and participation in philanthropy
One of the main purposes of the Amarillo Area Foundation Women’s Philanthropy Fund is to connect, empower, and enrich women’s lives across the Panhandle. The fund awards annual grants through a competitive process to charitable organizations throughout the Texas Panhandle who serve women and/or children.
CLICK HERE for FUNDING HISTORY.