This scholarship was originally established in memory Dr. E. Eugene Waide by his family in December 1986. Dr. Waide practiced medicine with Dr. Claude William Betty in Perryton from 1969 until he passed away in May of 1986. Dr. Betty passed away in May of 2017, at which time the name of the scholarship was changed to honor the memory of both physicians.
- Applicant must be a college student that is a current resident of or graduated from a high school located Ochiltree, Hansford, Lipscomb, Hutchinson, Roberts or Hemphill counties;
- Must be currently enrolled in the medical, nursing, pre-pharmacy, pharmacy, pre-dental, or dental fields;
- Must be enrolled in any accredited college or university; and
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 to apply.
- Amarillo Area Foundation (AAF) General Scholarship Application online at aaf.spectrumportal.net
- Outside Scholarship Selection Committee
- Varies annually (typically $500/semester for up to 2 semesters)
*Each semester’s payment is contingent upon meeting the following:
- Recipient must attend college the fall semester immediately following selection;
- Maintain full-time student status (typically 12 credit hours/semester for undergraduate studies);
- Maintain a 2.5 or better cumulative GPA while in college; and
- Attend any accredited college/university and major in the fields of medical, nursing, pre-pharmacy, pharmacy, pre-dental, or dental.
General Scholarship Application