Teresa Engler Raizen
This scholarship was established in 2012 in memory of Teresa Engler Raizen by her friends and family. The scholarship is for the benefit of Cactus Feeders or Spike Box Ranch employees, their spouses, or their children who are upper-level college students (Junior/Senior classification) or graduate students. Ms. Raizen approached life and cared for people with great courage, empathy and understanding; and it was the desire of the family that this scholarship would continue to positively impact other’s lives just as Ms. Raizen did during her life.
- Applicant must be a college Junior, Senior or graduate student;
- Must have a cumulative 3.0 college GPA to apply; with
- Primary consideration given to students demonstrating superior academic performance; and
- Secondary consideration given to students exhibiting leadership and participation in extra-curricular and community activities.
- Amarillo Area Foundation (AAF) General Scholarship Application online at aaf.spectrumportal.net
- Applicants will be required to answer additional questions as part of the application process: Name of employee of Cactus Feeders or Spike Box Ranches, relation to named employee, feedlot at which the employee works, and student status if a graduate student including entrance exam scores (GRE, LSAT, MCAT).
- AAF Scholarship Selection Committee and member of Cactus Feeders Staff
- $1,750/semester for up to 2 semesters
*Each semester’s payment is contingent upon meeting the following:
- Recipient must attend college the fall semester immediately following selection;
- Maintain full-time student status (12 credit hours/semester for undergraduate studies, or 6 hours/semester for graduate studies);
- Maintain a 3.0 or better cumulative GPA while in college; and
- Attend any accredited college/university and major in field of choice.
- Students may reapply for the scholarship by completing the Foundation’s general online scholarship application annually.
General Scholarship Application