Amarillo and Brownsville Partners for Postsecondary Success
An Initiative of MDC funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Invite you to attend
Click here for the Schedule of Events
Click here to Register
A Shared Learning Experience
The purpose of the Texas Convening is to present a shared learning experience
for postsecondary grantees, community leaders, funders and elected officials.
The two-day convening will work toward five outcomes:
1. Identify needed improvements to current policy and practice impacting
postsecondary success and the economic vitality throughout the state.
2. Create an understanding and utilization of community and state data collection,
measurements, policies, evaluation, resources and distribution targets related to
3. Instill the community/economic development imperative of postsecondary
success to education and public service providers.
4. Showcase the work of postsecondary grantees by identifying collaborative efforts
that have achieved a substantial impact on educational and workforce initiatives
and could be replicated for large-scale impact.
5. Create a collaborative networking and communication structure to build on and
leverage major funders' investments in Texas through additional funding and
expanded social capital for long-term sustainability.