This scholarship was established by Xcel Energy employees, the Xcel Energy Foundation, and friends and family of Henry Hamilton.
- Applicant must be a graduating or currently enrolled student from the 26 northernmost counties of the Texas Panhandle
- Major in Engineering and/or Environmental Science
- Amarillo Area Foundation (AAF) General Scholarship Application online at aaf.spectrumportal.net
- AAF Scholarship Selection Committee
- Typically $500/semester for up to 2 semesters
*Each semester’s payment is contingent upon meeting the following:
- Recipient must attend college the fall semester immediately following selection;
- Maintain full-time student status (typically 12 credit hours/semester for undergraduate studies);
- Maintain a 2.5 or better cumulative GPA while in college; and
- Attend any accredited college/university and major in Engineering and/or Environmental Science.
General Scholarship Application