Heather Hinkle Memorial Endowed
This scholarship was established in June of 2017 by Josh Hinkle in memory of his wife, Heather. Matching funds were provided by Josh’s employer, Bell Helicopter.
- Applicant must be a current college student who has completed 25% of a four-year degree at an accredited institution.
- Must have graduated from high school within the top 26 counties of the Texas Panhandle.
- Students who have completed their bachelor’s degree and are continuing in a medical education are also eligible.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Must have received a cancer diagnosis prior to 18th birthday.
- Amarillo Area Foundation (AAF) General Scholarship Application online at aaf.spectrumportal.net
- AAF Scholarship Selection Committee
- $500/semester for up to 2 semesters
*Each semester’s payment is contingent upon meeting the following:
- Recipient must attend college the fall semester immediately following selection;
- Maintain full-time student status (typically 12 credit hours/semester for undergraduate studies);
- Maintain a 3.0 or better cumulative GPA while in college; and
- Attend any accredited college/university and major in field of choice.
General Scholarship Application