Alvin A. and Hattie Mae Bush Accounting
This scholarship was established in 1978 by Alvin A. and Hattie Mae Bush, longtime residents of Amarillo, both of whom passed away in 1982. Mr. and Mrs. Bush were both accountants before they met, and after their marriage in 1948, combined their business interests and enjoyed many years together in their accounting partnership. As their business grew, they began to share their wealth with others in numerous ways. This scholarship is one way in which the legacy of Mr. and Mrs. Bush continues to give back to the community. This scholarship benefits students who exhibit desire and potential expertise in accounting.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior or currently enrolled college student residing in the northernmost 26 counties of the Texas Panhandle; and
- Must plan to major or are already majoring in Accounting and attend Amarillo College, West Texas A&M University or Texas Tech University.
- AAF Scholarship Selection Committee
- $500/semester for up to 8 semesters
*Each semester’s payment is contingent upon meeting the following:
- Recipient must attend college the fall semester immediately following selection;
- Maintain full-time student status (typically 12 credit hours/semester for undergraduate studies);
- Maintain a 2.5 or better cumulative GPA while in college; and
- Attend Amarillo College, West Texas A&M University or Texas Tech University and major in Accounting.
General Scholarship Application